MEET YOUR MATCH
Join us and come learn to play pickleball, an easy-to-learn sport that is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing sports in America! It's a great game that uses elements from tennis, badminton, and table tennis.
Participants will practice essential pickleball skills like serving, returning serves, scoring points, basic defense, and more! Rules and other common terms used in pickleball will also be covered.
Participants must be 18 years or older to participate. You must be a YMCA member to sign up for this class.
Thursday, October 13th | 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. This class is now full. Register at the Front Desk to be added to the waitlist!
Thursday, October 27th | 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
YMCA PICKLEBALL GUIDELINES
We provide opportunities for those who prefer to play with a set group and for those who prefer to play in an open format.
- Courts are reserved on the Bloomington-Normal YMCA app.
- Courts are reserved for 1.5 hour increments.
- Courts cannot be reserved back-to-back by the same group of players. This ensures court reservations are shared among members.
- Players who are waiting should put their paddle in the paddle rack.
- If all courts are being used and a game ends, the next 4 paddles/players should take the court. If less than 4 paddles are in the rack, sufficient current players should stay on the court to make a group of 4.
- If all courts are not being used and a game ends, it’s recommended, but not required, that sufficient current players stay on the court to make a group of 4.
- All levels of play are welcome. There are no designated courts for levels of competitiveness to ensure all those wanting to play are included.
- We encourage all YMCA members regardless of their level of play to encourage others to learn to play and include them in play.
- We will monitor the needs of our members and make adjustments as deemed necessary.
- Other gym activities and events may temporarily alter court availability.