LEARN TO PLAY PICKLEBALL AT THE Y!
Looking to learn to play one of the fastest growing sports in America? Look no further! The YMCA is now offering member-only classes to teach you the basics of pickleball, including basic rules and the fundamental skills needed to excel!
Friday, December 8th
All offerings take place from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Members - FREE!
This program is for members only.
YMCA FREE-PLAY PICKLEBALL GUIDELINES
Free-play Pickleball is available on the Caring and Responsibility courts at times listed on the Shirk Sport Center schedule.
We provide opportunities for those who prefer to play with a set group and for those who prefer to play in an open format.
- Courts are reserved on the Bloomington-Normal YMCA app.
- Courts are reserved for 1.5 hour increments.
- Courts cannot be reserved back-to-back by the same group of players. This ensures court reservations are shared among members.
- Players who are waiting should put their paddle in the paddle rack.
- If all courts are being used and a game ends, the next 4 paddles/players should take the court. If less than 4 paddles are in the rack, sufficient current players should stay on the court to make a group of 4.
- If all courts are not being used and a game ends, it’s recommended, but not required, that sufficient current players stay on the court to make a group of 4.
- All levels of play are welcome. There are no designated courts for levels of competitiveness to ensure all those wanting to play are included.
- We encourage all YMCA members regardless of their level of play to encourage others to learn to play and include them in play.
- We will monitor the needs of our members and make adjustments as deemed necessary.
- Other gym activities and events may temporarily alter court availability.