BLENDED LEARNING LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
Friday: 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Location: Bloomington-Normal YMCA | 602 S Main St, Bloomington, IL
The online portion of this course will be emailed to all registered participants. A certificate of completion from the online training must be brought to the in-person training.
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by:
- Starting in the water and swimming 20 yards
- Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point
- Exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for 2 years. Participants must attend all three days of the Lifeguarding course to receive their certification.