American Red Cross Certifications
BECOME A HERO TODAY!
Become certified to save a life! We have highly trained and certified teachers through the American Red Cross. Adult and Pediatric First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications prepare participants to help and respond in an emergency. Certification will last for 2 years.
2020 AMERICAN RED CROSS SAFETY CERTIFICATION COURSES AT THE YMCA
Successful completion of a session results in a certification from the American Red Cross, valid in the United States. This does not guarantee any employment at a pool.
- $265 per person; Class minimum: 4 people, maximum 18
- June 2-5: 9a-5p
- August 21-23: 10a-5p | Hybrid online/in-person; Online must be completed prior to first day of class
LIFEGUARD INSTRUCTOR REVIEW:
- $75 per person; Class minimum: 3 people, maximum 12
- October 25: 10a-6p
- November 14: 9a-5p
- $95 per person; Class minimum: 4 people, maximum 20
- June 6: 8a-6p
- June 20: 8a-6p
LIFEGUARD INSTRUCTOR - Only 1 session required:
- $265 per person; Class minimum: 4people, maximum 10
- Contact us about a partner discount if you work at a YMCA!
BABYSITTER'S TRAINING WITH CPR/FIRST AID:
- $95 per person; Class minimum: 3 people, maximum 20
- Participants should pack a lunch to eat at 12p-12:45p
- Suggested ages are 11-14; we welcome everyone!
- June 14: 9a-5p
- July 11: 9a-5p
- July 31: 9a-5p
The American Red Cross and the Bloomington-Normal YMCA are observing social distancing guidelines. Due to the nature of courses we will only be hosting them if social distancing guidelines are lifted. Please note that you can still register for courses with all registration fees being due the day the course takes place.
Contact Aquatics Director; Amanda Green; firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Click here for information flyer.