American Red Cross Certifications
BECOME A HERO TODAY!
Become certified to save a life! We have highly trained and certified teachers through the American Red Cross. Adult and Pediatric First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications prepare participants to help and respond in an emergency. Certification will last for 2 years.
2020 AMERICAN RED CROSS SAFETY CERTIFICATION COURSES AT THE YMCA
Successful completion of a session results in a certification from the American Red Cross, valid in the United States. This does not guarantee any employment at a pool.
- $250 per YMCA Member/$300 per Non-Member
- Registration closes August 7
- August 10 and 12: 4p-9p and August 14: 12p-8p| Hybrid online/in-person; Online must be completed prior to first day of class and the link will be provided by email no later than August 7
- $95 per YMCA Member/$110 per Non-Member
- Registration closes August 13
- August 16: 12p-8p | All in person at the YMCA
LIFEGUARD INSTRUCTOR - Only 1 session required:
- $265 per person; Class minimum: 4 people, maximum 10
- Contact us about a partner discount if you work at a YMCA!
BABYSITTER'S TRAINING WITH CPR/FIRST AID:
- $95 per person; Class minimum: 3 people, maximum 20
- Participants should pack a lunch to eat at 12p-12:45p
- Suggested ages are 11-14; we welcome everyone!
- We do not have any dates currently offered at this time.
The American Red Cross and the Bloomington-Normal YMCA are observing social distancing guidelines. Due to the nature of courses we will only be hosting them if social distancing guidelines can be fulfilled. Please note that you can still register for courses with all registration fees being due the day the course takes place.
Contact Aquatics Director; Amanda Green; firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Click here for information flyer.