BLOOMINGTON-NORMAL YMCA POSITION DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Program Site Supervisor Job Grade: Part time (non-exempt)
Reports to: Director of Youth Sports/Healthy Living Revision Date: 11/10/2021
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the supervision of the Director of Youth Sports/Healthy Living, the Program Site Supervisor will be responsible for assuring the safety, cleanliness, and organization of our youth programming sites and assist with in-person communication with program participants and other relevant staff.
- Supervise and implement YMCA programming in accordance with the goals and policies of relevant supervisors and the Bloomington-Normal YMCA.
- Promotes an atmosphere of achievement, relationship, and belonging for all program participants, volunteers, and relevant staff.
- Serve as a liaison between the YMCA and constituents including school administrators, faculty, staff, or church employees at the relevant program site.
- Assist in record keeping and providing accurate documentation, in accordance with YMCA procedures and at the direction of the supervisory staff.
- Create incident reports in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership, and discipline to children, volunteers, and spectators as it relates to safety/behavior concerns as well as providing warm customer service to patrons.
- Maintain current and sufficient inventory of program and First Aid supplies.
- Request and pickup supplies from the YMCA per established schedule and procedures when asked to do so.
- Ensure appropriate and safe use of materials with the avoidance of unnecessary waste.
- Be familiar with and reinforce procedures as outlined in relevant program guidelines, including Parent Handbooks and Emergency Action Plan.
- Ensure all staff, volunteers, and program participants are acting in accordance with each site’s respective rules and regulations as well as relevant program specific policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all children’s information and records.
- Communicate with supervisory staff through email, phone conversation, and text messaging as needed.
- Respond to all email and phone requests in a timely manner.
- Work all scheduled shifts unless coverage has been confirmed with supervisory staff.
- Assist in covering for other staff in the event of an unexpected absence.
- Assists in the set-up, tear-down, and cleaning of program sites at the instruction of supervisory staff and the requirements of the respective site.
- Intentionally and continuously strives to promote a culture that values and strengthens diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrates and upholds the YMCA’s core values and guiding principles of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility at all times.
- Other duties as assigned based on departmental needs.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum age of 19 years old.
- First Aid/CPR certification (YMCA provided, within 30 days of hire date).
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Mandated Reporter Certification (within 30 days of hire date).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of Spanish language both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Experience working with youth.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
REQUIRED YMCA COMPETENCIES
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Communication: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- May be required to sit, stand, stoop, or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Must be mentally alert to dangerous situations in order to assure the safety of all participants.
- May be required to mitigate conflicts.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Moderate noise levels.
Travel to/from off campus sites may be required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Bloomington-Normal YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.