WAVES Swim Team
GROWING DEVELOPING TOGETHER
The YMCA WAVES swim team is an excellent opportunity to enter the sport of swimming. The YMCA WAVES program can give your child a solid foundation for future success in the sport of competitive swimming.
- Encouraging each child to reach his/her God given potential
- Instill values of responsibility, hard work, commitment, and discipline
- Encouraging and supporting others through teamwork
- Increased physical activity
Get a great start in the sport!
• Swimmer-to-coach ratio ensures your child gets attention from our expert coaches
• Learn proper technique and rhythm in the Olympic strokes
• Make friends!
• Have fun establishing habits of regular daily exercise
• Understand the relationship of practice to improvement
• Develop a love for the sport
• Swim meets are local and single session
• Travel meets are optional
For more information, please visit the team website at www.bnywaves.org
Novice Squad: $86/month (includes YMCA membership). Ages 6-10; offered 4 times per week/60 min (Green/White Squads); 90 minutes (Blue Squad).
SwimFit Multi-Sport Squad: $99/month (includes YMCA membership). Ages 10-18; offered 4 times per week/90 minutes each.
Junior Squad: $129/month (includes YMCA membership). Ages 9-14; practice 6 times per week/120 minutes each.
Other costs include: USA Swimming fee, practice equipment and team uniform, swim meet entry fees and team fundraising
Travel expenses if competing in optional, out-of-town swim meets
STEPS TO GET STARTED:
1. Email WAVES Coach Charlie Yourd to set up a time for your skill evaluation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Schedule a skill evaluation, which are conducted by WAVES coaches at the Y and typically take about 15 minutes
3. Complete a New Swimmer Information form and give to the WAVES coach when you arrive for the evaluation
4. WAVES coach will conduct skill evaluation and assign your swimmer to a practice group
5. Schedule an orientation meeting with a Booster Club member to learn about meets, uniforms, communication, fundraising, etc.