Learn To Swim
give kids the opportunity to learn to swim
The Bloomington-Normal YMCA is uniquely prepared to give you and every member of your family a lifetime of swimming, a lifetime of LOVING the water, and a lifetime of memories! So WATER YOU WAITING FOR.....register today!
Parent & Child, Preschool, and Youth lessons include five 30-minute group lessons per session with a certified instructor. Stroke and Technique lessons include ten 45-minute group lessons and Adult lessons include five 45-minute lessons.
Registration for Spring I is open: February 13-March 26, 2017.
Spring I will run from April 3rd-May 5th; register by March 26th.
Register now for our LEARN TO SWIM sessions! Register online and browse our times!
LEARN TO SWIM SESSION PRICING:
Y Members $45; Non-Members $78
STROKE & TECHNIQUE Lessons: Y Members $110; Non-Members $185
Learn to Swim: Summer Prep Session
The summer prep session is a three (3) week session from May 15 to June 2 to help you brush up on your skills for summer.
: Not sure what level to register for? Contact the Learn to Swim Coordinator to set up a new swimmer evaluation to ensure that they are placed in a level that would allow them to experience the most success. The evaluation takes about 10 minutes and they are conducted at the Bloomington-Normal YMCA.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Registration can be done online, by phone, or in person at the YMCA located at 602 S. Main St, Bloomington IL, 61701. Be sure that you provide an updated e-mail address when registering, as that is the primary form of communication that we use throughout each session.
- At the bottom of the page in the ‘Browse Programs’ box, click on ‘Browse’.
- Select the ‘Learn To Swim’ option.
- Choose the level that best fits you or your child’s needs and ability level. If you are unsure about level placement, contact the Learn to Swim Coordinator Mandy Burge at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a class level placement evaluation.
- Select a day and time for your desired lesson(s) that works best for you.
- On the right hand side of the page click on the green tab that says ‘Register For Program’.
- Complete registration by following the remaining directions and submitting a form of payment.
Registration By Phone Or In Person:
- Inform the front desk that you’d like to register for swim lessons. Be sure to clarify the session, level, and day/ time of the lesson(s) you wish to register for. Submit a form of payment (cash, check, credit card) to complete the registration process. Be sure to request either a hard copy of your receipt or have it emailed to you.
For more information or questions, contact Mandy Burge, Learn to Swim Coordinator at: email@example.com