Group Fitness Classes
The Biggest mover contest
The heat is on this February and March with our "The Biggest Mover" contest! This is an 8-week contest where members earn points and win prizes for participating in group fitness and bringing guests to our facility. A $5 entry fee will register you into the program and we will gift you with a Y drawstring bag! You must be a member to participate, but if you join before January 31st the Y will waive your join fee! The grand prize will be a multitude of gifts from local businesses in the Bloomington-Normal community.
- Participants can enter the contest at any point during the 8-week contest period. The facility determines who is eligible for entry, e.g. regular members, “punch-card” members, guests, etc.
- Participants earn 1 point per group fitness workout completed. Participants can earn up to 5 points per week. The participant must have the instructor initial the weekly Workout Card in order to receive a point for each workout.
- Participants earn 1 bonus point for referring a qualified guest to a group fitness workout during the course of the competition. A qualified guest is a non-member who lives locally and has a realistic possibility of becoming a member during the contest period.1 The participant must complete a Referral Card in order to receive bonus points. Bonus points are not subject to the 5-point weekly maximum.
- Participants earn 5 bonus points for any direct referral who becomes a member during the contest period.
- Any participant who receives at least 1 point (regular point or bonus point) in a 1-week period of the contest will be entered in the prize drawing for that week. Each participant’s name is entered only once per weekly drawing.
- At the end of the 8 weeks, the participant with the most total points (regular points plus bonus points) will be awarded the grand prize. In the event of a tie, the winner is determined by criteria selected by the facility, e.g. highest number of bonus points or most variety of programs attended.
New Name, Same class!
Group Fitness and Aqua Fitness classes are included in your Y membership! Punch cards for Group Fitness can also be purchased at the front desk.
Any questions or concerns please contact our Group Fitness Coordinator, Nicolette Hursey, at email@example.com.